Starting a new fitness resolution is easy. Sticking at it is a whole different story! Well, so people think, but actually it's easier than you think.
• Be clear about your goals and date your targets
• Give yourself (realistic!) milestones to reach
• Tell friends and family about them so you don’t back out!
• Treat yourself to some one-to-one time with a personal trainer
• Get a fitness programme specific to your requirements
• Keep your programme up to date
• Book in regular check ups with your personal trainer
• Plan the week’s sessions in your diary
• Make sure your gym kit’s ready, running watch/heart rate monitor charged
• Remember to warm up, cool down and stretch
• Treat yourself to regular massages to help muscle recovery
• Prepare healthy meals and snacks in advance (80/20 rule)
• Set a bed time rule to ensure optimal rest (7-8 hours/night ideally)
• Use mobile phone apps to record progress
• Have a visual reminder to get out and train – hang up that little black dress where you can see it!
• Exercise to music (be careful when running outdoors)
• Try something new – do a group fitness class or be active with your friends/family
• Set benchmarks, such as entering a fitness event
• Get feedback from your personal trainer on your progress
• Reward yourself when you reach your goals
Get in touch if you need a hand to kick start your regime!